This is the age where we are surrounded by digital and social environment; social media user’s conversation can and is happening from time to time. Thus, it’s important for brands to understand how to effectively plan marketing strategy and how to implement it in social media.
The following are the ways by which social media has influenced marketing –
- Feedback – With the help of social media, it is now possible for the marketer to get a response instantly and without many efforts from their side. They simply have to post their message on social media and consumers will instantly share their point of view.
- Direct involvement of the end-user – Earlier companies use to depend on traditional mediums such as public relation, marketing and advertising to deliver messages to target audiences. But now companies can directly get in touch with the end-user and convey exactly what they want to say.
Monitor and measure simultaneously – Presence of social media has now made it possible to see how successful the campaign was as well as where did the marketers go wrong. As it’s now possible to fix it rather than waiting until the campaign is over to find out the result.
- Co-create – Nowadays consumers helps brands create products which exactly suits their needs, by voting or giving suggestion on what could be altered.
- Two way communication – Due to social media it is now possible to respond to customer’s queries or feedback quickly than ever. This not only shows the customers that how much you value them but also helps creating a positive image of the brand.
- Digital world- Today is the world of digital era, where people read e-papers on their mobile devices, pay bills, find job and apply; it has given them mobility. Thus ensuring that marketer’s message would surely reach the customers regardless of time and place.
Thus social media is slowly replacing the traditional mediums that were used by the marketers before. Now marketers have several elements to play with and communications are much more targeted, personalised and have quick response time.